You get that huge happiness when you finally receive your American Express credit card in your hand. As soon as you get it, you quickly want to start using it and do your first transaction with your American Express credit card. Before that you could use your Credit Card, you need to activate it in the first place. Don’t worry, it doesn’t take much of your time and the process is completed within a few steps.
How to Activate American Express card
You can activate your credit or debit card of American Express using any of the two methods. You can choose either one of them as per your convenience. There is not much difference between these two but only the medium of activation. This article also helpful for confirming your credit card before use it check now american-express-confirm-card.
- Activate American Express card online
- Activate American Express card using your Mobile Phone
Activating American Express card online
You can activate American Express card online using their official website. The online activation is quite easy and you can do it easily. You can follow the steps given below to do it hassle free
- Head over to the American Express Credit Card Activation official website
- Go to activate card menu
- It will ask for a 4 Digit card ID. You can see those numbers right on your card, just enter them in the given place
- Next, you need to enter your 15 Digit card number. Make sure you don’t do any mistake while writing the digits.
- Hit Confirm
- You will be asked for confirmation. Complete the steps as given on the screen and you are good to go
- Congratulations, Your card will be successfully activated
Things to keep in Mind
Although you might be knowing about these, still it is better to keep in mind if you choose to activate American Express card online.
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection. If the network connection is being disconnected, you won’t be able to activate the card online. In such cases, you should go with the activating card using your phone
- Don’t hit the back button or refresh button. If you do so, you will need to re-submit all the information once again
- While confirming your card, do not make a mistake. If you do it a several time your credit card will be blocked for some time
- Recheck for the green lock and HTTPS on the URL bar. It shows your connection is secure and data is safe.
Activating card using your phone
If you face any problem in activating your card using the internet. You can use your mobile phone to do it. Below processing, There are different phone numbers depending upon the card and your location, Check below data and call the relevant number.
For Personal Cards
Locals: 1800 296 7722
Overseas: +65 6296 7722
For Corporate cards
Locals: 1800 296 7755
Overseas: +65 6296 7755
Call at 1-866-207-7970.
Steps to Activate American Express using Phone
Before proceeding, make sure you are calling with your registered number only and not with the other phone. Now, you can proceed to activate your credit card using the phone. Follow the below steps to do so.
- Call the relevant number given above
- It will ask you for some general information
- For security, the purpose they will ask you to confirm your personal identification. You should co-operate
- They will ask for the card details, provide them with the details
- The company will verify it on the phone
- Congratulations, your card will be activated soon after that.
You can follow either of the given methods to activate your American Express card. If you go your card, make sure you don’t share the details with anyone else. It may risk your data. Therefore, keep the credit card information to yourself and be safe.