- 1 Activate Bank of America Credit card online
- 2 Bank of America Credit Card Activate by phone
- 3 Steps to activate Bank of America Credit card via ATM
This post simply explains the processes of activation of Bank of America Credit Card and Debit Card. Read to know the step by step instructions for How to Activate Your Bank of America Credit Card online
If you are one of those customers who have recently received their new Bank of America Credit card and looking for the activation process, then you are in the right place.
It is good news that you have got a credit card but now you have to activate it before you can use it for purchasing anything you want.
Do you know about the process of activating your credit card? If it’s unknown to you then we are going to tell you everything that you need to know about activating it. Moreover, we will also give details about activating your debit card in this post.
Benefits of Bank of America Credit Card
- Bank of America credit cards comes with the reward program. You can get more detail at its official site.
- You can enjoy double benefits by purchasing everyday items with credit cards.
Methods to activate the Credit Card
The Bank of America has provided three different ways for its customers to activate their credit card. Both of these methods are quite easy and safe. Your card will be activated within a few minutes.
- Online Mode
- By calling
Activate Bank of America Credit card online
- At first, you have to visit the official Activation Page of Bank of America
- Sign in using online Banking ID and passcode.
- If you are not registered for online banking then you have to register yourself to begin the activation process.
- The next step is to enter the 16-digit credit card number which is printed on the card, CVV number and card’s expiry date.
- After filling all the details, your identification will be verified for the activation process.
Bank of America Credit Card Activate by phone
- If you are facing issues or unable to connect to the internet, then you can also activate your credit card by calling Bank of America customer service 1 (800) 472-1000.
- You will be asked to select a language. Choose your preferred language as per your choice.
- Carefully follow the instructions of the instructor and enter your personal information when asked.
- Submit your information correctly and your Credit Card will be activated.
- You will be informed about the completion through a message.
Steps to activate Bank of America Credit card via ATM
- If you cannot activate your credit card with any of the above methods, then the last option for you is to visit the Bank of America ATM near you.
- If you are unable to find any Bank of America ATM, use ATM locator link or any application like Google maps.
- Swipe your card in the ATM machine and enter Personal Identification Number.
- Now, wait for the confirmation notification that will be sent by the bank via SMS or e-mail.
Methods to Activate the Debit Card
The process of activating debit card is very similar to activating the credit card. Again, there are three methods to activate the Bank of America Debit Card.
- Online Mode
- By calling
Steps to activate debit card Online
- Visit the official Bank of America activation page. bankofamerica.com/activate
- You have to sign up on the website if you haven’t done yet.
- Sign in with your username and password on the website.
- Provide all the required details including card information, personal identification, ID and password.
- After successful activation, you will get a notification confirming the completion of the activation process.
Steps to activate the debit card by phone
- To begin the activation process of your debit card, you can call on 1 888 624 2323.
- Give all the necessary details so that the Bank can initiate activation of your debit card. Make sure to provide the right details.
- Your card will be activated within a few minutes or a few hours depending on the bank’s service.
Steps to activate debit card via ATM
- You can go for an option of activating your card through ATM machine if other methods aren’t working for you.
- Reach any Bank of America ATM located near you.
- Swipe your card and enter the details asked.
- Wait for the notification from Bank about the activation.
Bank of America is the second largest bank in the United States following J.P. Morgan Chase. It successfully makes the place in the Big Four Bank of United States.
According to the Financial Times Global 500 rankings, Bank of America is the 13th largest company in the world with a huge market capitalization of $313.5 billion.
It mainly focuses on financial services related to commercial banking, wealth management, and investment banking. However, there are various products and services offered by the bank which includes mortgage loans, consumer banking, private banking, insurance, private equity, credit cards, investment banking etc.
The primary motive of the Bank of America is to be the number one bank in its domestic market. It has been moving towards achieving this goal with the help of key acquisitions.
At present, this American multinational bank is running in North Carolina, New York, London, Hong Kong, and Toronto.
Does it sound tough to you? I think it will be pretty easier for you to activate your Bank of America credit or debit card after reading this article.
If you find this helpful in any manner then share with your loved ones and help them. For any query, you can comment and let us know what you think.