Read here to know the processes available to activate the BMO Credit Card. You can activate your credit card online and also by a phone call with ease.
www.bmo.com/activate – BMO Credit Card Activate Online
What could possibly be more exciting than activating your new credit card? Bank of Montreal Online is one the most acclaimed and premier lenders in Canada. It is also popular among the credit card holders for its customer services.
When a customer gets its new BMO Credit card, he or she needs to activate it before using it for the first time. If you have also received your BMO Credit Card recently and you are ready to activate your credit card, here is everything you possibly need to know.
Before starting your activation of the credit card, please read the following:
- BMO offers three different kinds of credit cards (BMO Harris Bank Platinum Rewards MasterCard, BMO Harris Bank Premium Rewards MasterCard, BMO Harris Bank Cash Back MasterCard). You can activate any of these cards through the processes explained in this article.
- You must be 18 years or older and must be a legal resident of the United States.
- You must possess a good credit score.
- Any questions and queries can be directed to the toll-free number on the back of the card.
- To activate your credit card by any of the following methods, you need to keep handy the credit card, registered mobile number, and your details submitted with the bank.
Methods of Activating your Credit Card
BMO offers two ways of activation considering the feasibility of its customers. They are:
- Activation of credit card online
- Activation of the credit card over the phone
Activation BMO Credit Card online:
BMO offers an easy way of activation of the credit card. It is the best possible way to activate your credit card and it is highly time-saving. The following are steps of activation of credit card online:
- To activate your card, you need to visit the BMO online card activation portal.
- Once the page is loaded you are asked to enter the credit card number and click Submit. The number is punched on your Credit Card.
- You will be redirected into another page where you will be asked to fill your personal information like your Social Security Number, CVV number and Expiry Date of the card, etc.
- After submitting all your details, you will reach a page where you will find BMO Credit Card Terms and Conditions. Agree with these terms and conditions to proceed further.
- Follow the instructions and your credit card will be activated. You will be notified of the completion of the activation process.
Some people might face inconvenience in using the online method. For those, the bank offers another method as discussed below.
Activation of the BMO credit card over the phone:
If you have associated the home phone number to your BMO account you may use this method to activate your BMO Credit Card. To activate the credit card over the phone you are supposed to follow these steps:
- To activate your Credit card through a phone call, you need to call on 1 (800) 263-2263.
- This number is toll-free and will directly connect you with the BMO Financial Customer Service Group.
- You will be asked to select your preferred language for communication.
- Follow the directions given by the customer service representative.
- You will be asked to provide the necessary personal and card details. Provide this information correctly.
- Next, you will be required to accept the Terms and conditions of the BMO Credit Card.
- You will receive a notification on your registered mobile number confirming the activation of the activation.
The Bank offers two different methods to its customers to activate their Credit Card with ease. The customers are free to use any of the two methods provided to activate the Card. After you have activated your BMO Credit Card, you can use it as per your requirements.
If you still face any kind of issue in activating your BMO credit card using these methods, you can visit the nearest BMO branch or contact their customer support number for assistance.